from Nicole from Two Acre Farms
This recipe is crazy simple. The shrimp are packed with perky, sharp flavors that add an excellent twist. You could eat this as a pre-dinner snack, but these shrimp would be marvelous in a simple green salad, or tossed with cold noodles.
– 2 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
– 1 lb. (26-30 count) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 1/2 tsp. celery seeds
– 1/4 tsp. allspice berries
– 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
– 1/4 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
– 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
– 1/2 tsp. crushed red chili flakes
– 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 12 dried bay leaves
– 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
Bring Old Bay and 8 cups water to a boil in a 4 quart saucepan, add shrimp, reduce heat to low, and cook until shrimp are pink (about 2 minutes).
Drain and transfer to bowl of ice water to chill, drain again.
Finely grind celery seeds and allspice in a spice grinder, transfer to a bowl, and stir in oil, juice, parsley, salt, chile flakes, garlic, and bay leaves in 1 qt. glass jar, layer shrimp and onions, pour over oil mixture. Cover with lid, chill overnight before serving.