Bloody Chesapeake Mary
From Nicole Olson of Two Acre Farms
This drink is a snack and a cocktail all-in-one: nibble your way to the bottom of the glass. Serve the Bloody Chesapeake Mary with a selection of garnishes, including mini-hot pickles, garlic stuffed olives, and more. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Old Bay Seasoning & lemons for rimming the glasses
- 3 cups high-quality tomato juice
- 3/4 tsp. Dried dill
- 3/4 tsp. White pepper
- 3/4 tsp. Celery seed
- 6 grinds smoked salt ( or 1/2 tsp. Salt)
- 12 dashes Worstershire sauce
- 12 dashes hot sauce (sriracha sauce)
- 3 ounces exlir ( we used 1 ounce hot pickle brine, 1 ounce blue cheese stuffed olives juice, 1 ounce garlic olive juice)
- Juice of half lemon
- 4 tsp. Prepared horseradish
Sprinkle Old Bay Seasoning on plate. Rub glass with lemon wedge and dip rims of glass into Old Bay Seasoning.
Make mix: in a quart size mason jar, add the remaining ingredients except garnish. Replace lid and shake.
Pour cocktail into rimmed glasses & garnish with celery (with leaf on top), lemon wedge and garnishes of your choice.